- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup 2 % milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 tablespoon Valencia orange zest
- 1 teaspoon Valencia orange juice
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and cornstarch.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat the milk, cream and sugar over medium-low heat. Heat, stirring often, for 3 to 4 minutes, just until the top of the milk slightly begins to bubble and foam. Remove from the heat.
- Temper the egg yolks by pouring ¼ cup of the warm milk into the eggs and cornstarch while whisking constantly. Add another ½ cup of the milk as you continue to whisk.
- Pour the tempered egg yolks back into the saucepan with the remaining milk. Heat on medium-low, stirring constantly, until the pudding begins to thicken, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the chocolate chips orange zest and orange juice. Stir or whisk until the pudding is smooth.
- Strain the pudding through a fine mesh sieve to remove any solids, and serve.
Note: Serves 3
Original Recipe: dailysqueeze.com